Sunday, February 8, 2009

Well, it seems like everyone else has a blog, so I might as well get with the program. Though it isn't like I have any spare time... in fact, at the moment this whole blog thing is a giant procrastination to keep me from doing the real work I brought home this weekend.

Nevertheless, the fact is that my dogs and my doggy friends have been a blessing to me the past year as I fill the empty places in my heart and my home where my kids had been until they ventured off into their own lives. So, in all fairness, this blog isn't really about my dogs, it is about my attempt to fill the gaping holes in my world.

I have loved dogs as long as I can remember and I can't imagine a life without them. They have been friends, confidants, tear catchers, secret keepers, comics, psychotherapists, and foot warmers. I hope that, through this blog, those of you that are not dog lovers and don't understand my relationship with dogs will begin to see. And for those of you that are dog lovers... you already understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment