Monday, February 9, 2009

Snow Day


I will never forget the anticipation of a "snow day" when my kids were little. How we would watch every forcast and hope that we would get a big snowfall. And when they were old enough to go to school, we would hope the snow would be deep enough to call off school... what could be better than that!
The excitement of a snow day has "melted" from our lives, but that doesn't mean that they are not enjoyed. Maggie and Jake especially love to play in the snow- running, jumping, barking, biting (at the snow) - it is almost like having kids again. In some ways it's even better... these two don't make me pull them on sleds or throw snowballs back at me when I pummel them from just outside the door. Here's hoping that last week's snow wasn't our season finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment