Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nativity Set Abuse

Sorry for the long time since the last post, I'm hoping to make up for it today with a little Christmas Gift laugh from me to you. But first a confession! I, too, am guilty of Nativity Abuse. First, I have a border collie that keeps watch over the sheep in my big, formal Nativity in my dining room. Second, many years ago, when I was a stay-at-home mom, I subjected my entire family to the abuse when I made them wooden, hand-painted sets for gifts- the little sheep had hearts on their rumps (sorry, I did not know what I was doing-I wasn't getting much sleep).
Anyway, the following are pictures of sets that I have stumbled upon and kept because they made me laugh (or shudder). I believe that each of them was made in ernest, maybe to cause a smile, but not as a joke. Enjoy...

Veggietales. Yes, I understand that this is a Christian-themed children's series, but JESUS AS A VEGETABLE? Come on...
Smores Jesus... don't get too close to the fire!
Christmas in Roswell (famous reported Alien landing site in New Mexico)

Penguins need Jesus too!

Nativity paddle ball? So you WANT to hit the holy family with the ball, right?

Only old SNL fans will understand the Mr. Bill Nativity... Oh NO!

I understand minimalism as an art form, but these next two go too far.


Hooty Hoo! Hoo, Hoo, Hoo's Child is this?

"Were you a good boy this year?"

Yee Haw! It's a Grand Ol' Opry Christmas! Howdy Jesus!

wait... wait.... almost... DING! .... Yes! It's Christmas!

This is perhaps one of the most ridiculous- everyone knows that cats would not have worshipped another cat that had more power than them. They would have gathered to plot an overthrow.

Baby in the bubble... just look... don't touch!

Nativity bean bag toss. Hit Jesus, win a prize!
Martian Nativity?


Look Joseph! He has your big feet!


If you have more, send them to me and I'll add them...

1 comment: