Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh. Oh my.

Last night we had a little get-together of agility friends and we exchanged gifts. I brought a small assortment of doggie items- nothing expensive-most of it home-made, and was flabbergasted to unwrap this. Under that paper was probably the nicest gift that I will receive this year- or maybe any year. Only a fellow doggie friend can appreciate how a piece of artwork can touch your heart, and this one certainly does. This is the face I see, day in and day out... turned up to my face, waiting for the command, waiting to do what I ask, waiting for me to say "let's go!" While this artist sketched her own dog, not mine, it might as well have been Maggie in the way she drew her soft eyes, the soft feathers around her neck and her ears pinned back out of the way. No photo captures her this accurately, and it makes me want to reach out and touch it.
Thanks Carol and Addie- this will always be a treasure in my home, and you two will always be a treasure in my heart. Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment