Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love Photoshop

I mentioned the other day that I had gotten this pile of old slides from my cousin, but I didn't mention what terrible condition some of them are in. Some of the slides have changed to be almost totally red- some of them are so bad that I can't even tell if they were once in color, or only black and white. But as I get a few minutes here and there I have been sticking them into Photoshop, rotating or flipping as necessary and trying to adjust the color as much as possible. Here is an example of one that was done using the "auto color" button:








This isn't a shocking transformation, but pretty good for a 30 second edit.

Here is another example. Granted, the colors aren't perfect, but you have to admit that it is significantly better. Who would think that those color signatures would still be there in a scanned copy of an old slide.









Now if I can find the "auto slimming" button, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment