Thursday, August 6, 2009

Denver

Though I was born in Denver, I have only been here a few times as an adult and every time I fall in love with the place all over. Wow, what a great place this would be to live. I am staying at the Sheraton Downtown and it is a wonderful place for window shopping, walking, and of course, eating. Last night a storm rolled in over the mountains, and though it was right outside my window, I could never capture the lightning. I bumped the shutter speed down to about 10 seconds, but it seems like the lightning would strike just before it opened or right after it closed. This morning though, the sky was full of lovely pinks and purples and the sun turned the mountains gold. But by then I was on my way to work, so I wasn't able to take a picture of it. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Here is the view from my window. Though it seems to look a lot better in person... I didn't realize how the rooftops ruin the view.

Well, I'll be back tomorrow and the weather for St. Louis calls for sun and heat. A perfect day for Maggie and I to spend in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment