Sunday, February 5, 2012

Alarm clock

I get up every day at 4:05. While that alone is crazy enough, that isn't the point of today's post.

I get up early because I like to have some time around the house and with the dogs before I go to work. Even on agility trial days, I get up at the same time... it gives the dogs time to digest their breakfast and take a long potty walk before they have to run. But on the rare occasion that I neither go to work or a trial, I don't set an alarm and look forward to sleeping in. Nevertheless, I have a "backup alarm" that always wakes me.


[wet nose] "Mom. It's 4:10. Your alarm didn't go off." [tail thump thump] "You need to wake up... it is 4:12" "Mommmmm..[insert whine and then lick here]. Like an alarm clock that gets louder, she gets increasingly annoying until I get up. So much for sleeping in. : (


I don't know how she does it, but she knows when it is 4:05. And don't say that my alarm clicks or something, because she even does it out of town or when there is no alarm around. She is a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha thats so funny :)
    storm does the same to me every day. but his internal alarm is about 5.45.

    ReplyDelete