Thursday, February 4, 2010

Huh? I can't hear you?

A few months ago, I shared with you Jake's compulsion to chew off the rays of sunshine from his toy that used to look like a sun. Nothing has changed and he recently de-rayed another sun.

But this compulsion does not end with sunshine. Here is an example of what he did to a bunny toy... "what? I can't hear you?" Poor bunny.

Our friend Auggie's mom just sent Jake a new toy. A cow with an empty water bottle inside that makes a loud crackle sound when he bites on it. He loves this new toy, but almost immediately had to put his mark on it by polling it. (for you city folks, polling refers to removing their horns). And even though I have watched it like a hawk, I noticed tonight that Mr. Cow is now also missing an ear... much like his friend, bunny rabbit. "Huh? Still can't hear you!"


But perhaps the most atrocious of them all is this reindeer, which was one of the dogs' Christmas toys. It is a little harder to see on the reindeer, because on top of missing an antler and an eyeball, the poor reindeer has been gutted and has no "fill" left.


But I can't help but wonder what this is all about. Why the ears/horns/antlers? Why are they removed completely, not just gnawed on. And why only one?
Oh Jakey, I so wish you could talk....







No comments:

Post a Comment