Monday, September 7, 2009

TMI Warning!

Okay, this may be too much info for some of you, and to be honest, I feel a little bad that I will be leaving town for a few days and probably won't update my blog for a while and I will be leaving this posted. But hey, I've never been known as a shrinking violet. (what the heck IS a shrinking violet anyway?)

Toilets in Turkey left me with some new knowledge and some new questions.

First, all toilets have a built in water spout for rinsing off. I don't know if this technically a bidet. I always thought that bidets were separate fixtures, but this is integrated into the toilet so perhaps it has a different name. But anyway, there is a faucet handle on the wall to turn this little squirter on and it rinses you. You still need the paper to dry.


Next, many of the toilets have a flush "button" instead of a flush handle and it is built into a panel in the wall above the toilet. Also, most of them have two different "buttons" in this panel. I never figured out what the difference was, they both seemed to do the same thing on every one I tried. If anyone can clear that up, I'd be grateful.

Last but not least is the "other" kind of toilet. Many public facilities had these dudes and for the life of me I cannot understand why. This has to be one of the worst toilet ideas of all time. It is actually worse than going behind a tree in the woods because of the splashing. So to use this thing you have to get low enough to prevent splashing, while still holding your handbag AND holding your pant legs or skirt up high enough in case you do splash. And all of them had that little pitcher and faucet.... I have no idea what that is for since this "toilet" does flush...water rushes around the bowl (splashing of course) and then runs down the drain.

Again, my apologies if this was too much info, but hey, I warned you!

1 comment:

  1. I've used a similar toilet in a French rest stop, except the walls were steel. After you "went" the cleaner would flow down the walls and floor to drain and flush through the "toilet". If you did not get out od the way in time you were "cleaned" also.

    It was the weirdest thing.

    mobcmom

    ReplyDelete