Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thankful for even the NQ's

I just watched a youtube video about a former agility dog that was retired after being hit by a car. She now uses a wheel chair but still has her spunk. (here is the link if you would like to see it: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-713416?ref=feeds/latest) Anyway, after watching the video, I thought about how our runs are numbered, and we may not get to choose when the last one will be. And I thought about how this team would love another run together, even if it was an NQ (non-qualifying).
Maggie and I are on an agility hiatus until New Years when we resume with a USDAA trial. And when we enter the ring for our first run, we will do it in honor of Zip and all the dogs that have retired before us. And though I've never been good at New Year's resolutions to lose weight or stop cussing, I'm going to do my best to keep this year's resolution; and promise to be thankful for every run... especially the non-Qs. And if I can be thankful for the runs that Maggie made an error on, just maybe I can be thankful for the ones that I screw up, too.

2 comments:

  1. I watched the video today and even thoug it's sad and touching and all I admit I wasn't very moved after finding out the dog was injured after being hit by a car. Unless the car came crashing through a fence that should have been a totally preventable occurrence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BorderCollieMom, this really touched my heart! I was thinking about the agility trial this week-end and how disappointed I am when we do not Q but this put a whole new light on it. I am going to try to think less about the Q and more about how lucky I am to be running agility with my beloved dog!

    ReplyDelete